St Arnaud's Historical Society and Museum located in the old Turncock's residence, next door to the old fire station which was built in 1883. This is the oldest fire station in Victoria. Inside is the bucket and ladder cart which the firemen used to pull the equipment to the fire. The Turncock's residence is on the left. When there was a fire he had to rush off and turn on the water supply before the firemen arrived. The Historical Society located at 12 Napier st.(see Map) also has a research area with access to historically significant documents, cemetery records, and artifacts from St Arnaud and surrounding area's. Other historical buildings in the area are, Crown Lands Department, Old Court House, Old Post Office, Kara Kara Shire Hall, and the Town Hall. For more information visit our history page.